Saturday 31 January 2015

Day 31

[from Aishiteru! Hikikomori-san]

Yuuichi was about to head into the bedroom to set things straight with Ilana, when the Russian girl suddenly exited the bedroom. To Yuuichi's horror, she was carrying his dakimakura, a puzzled expression on her face as she held it up. "Why you have pillow with drawing of half-naked woman?" she asked.

Blushing Yuuichi grabbed the pillow. "Th-that's none of your business!" he said. "And it's not a drawing, it's anime!"

"Any…may?" repeated Ilana, confused. "What that is?"

Ordinarily, Yuuichi would have been shocked that Ilana didn't know what anime was, but that wasn't really the issue right now. Neither was the fact that he had a dakimakura. Yuuichi put those discussions to one side for now and focused on what had to be done. "Uhh… look, we can discuss those things later," said Yuuichi. "Right now, there's something you should know. Something very important."

Ilana could tell from Yuuichi's expression that something was wrong, but couldn't tell what. "What is?" she asked, tilting her head curiously.

Yuuichi sighed heavily. He knew this was going to break her heart, but he had no choice. Unable to look her in the eyes, he looked down at his feet at he spoke. "Look… the truth is… I didn't actually order you. In fact, I didn't know you were coming until you walked through the door. My friend ordered you for me, so I'd have some responsibility… some reason to go out and get a job. I dunno what you were expecting me to be like, but I'm probably nothing like that. I've never had a job, or a girlfriend, or even been kissed until five minutes ago... I only have one real-life friend, unless you count the delivery guy. All I've done for the past three years is sit in my apartment watching anime and playing video games. If I wasn't such a loser, you wouldn't be here right now at all."

Yuuichi sighed again. "I understand if you're mad at me, and you never wanna see me again or something, but…" Yuuichi blushed, rubbing his arm nervously. "I-I mean, you don't really have anywhere else to go, do you? So you're perfectly welcome to stay here, and I'll just have to do what my friend wants me to do: stop being lazy, and get a job, and start facing up to my responsibilities. But… if you hate me, then…"

Yuuichi found himself unable to continue, and fell silent, waiting for Ilana to respond. The silence seemed to last forever, before finally he sensed Ilana moving close to him. He expected her to slap him, or shout at him, but instead, to his surprise, she put a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"You good man," she said gently. "You tell truth. You could have lied, said you were someone you not, but you tell truth instead. I hate you not." She placed her other hand under Yuuichi's chin and softly tilted his head back up to face her. She seemed somehow happy and sad at the same time. "Yes, is sad I come so far for man who love me not, who know me not, who prepared not. But you still want care for me. You know me not, but you say you will take me in, get job to support me. You not just send me back, or send me to street." Her smile grew wider, but Yuuichi could see tears in her eyes. "You say you not what I expected… you right. I expected not man with such good heart. You make good husband, Yuuichi. I try to make good wife for you."

Before Yuuichi could fully process this, Ilana dropped the body pillow and hugged him tightly. Feeling completely overwhelmed, it took him a few moments to hug her back. They held each other tightly for a while, each on the verge of tears, feeling the other's heart beat against their own. Finally, Ilana pulled back, rubbing her eyes a little.

"So," she said, "we have… how you say… deal?"

Yuuichi was still a little overwhelmed by it all. "D-deal?" he repeated blankly.

Ilana smiled at him. "Yes. Deal. You get job, make friends, go out, enjoy life, like friend want. You do that, and I be good wife for you. I not do everything for you - or you will sit all day doing nothing - but I do what I can. Is good deal?"

Yuuichi nodded. It surprised him, but he was willing to change himself, willing to start trying, if it meant she would like him. It wasn't just a case of having to get a job anymore; he wanted to, for her sake as much as for his own. Is this… what it's like to be in love?, he wondered.

"Then we have deal," said Ilana. "You get job as soon as you can, okay?"

Yuuichi nodded again, feeling anxious but also excited. "Yeah. I will." He hesitated, before adding, "Thank you, Ilana. For not hating me, I mean."

Ilana shook her head. "No. Thank you, Yuuichi, for being good man. And thank your friend for me, that he order me for you. Was… how you say… lucky for me."

"I guess so," said Yuuichi. "Okay, I'll tell him."

Ilana glanced back at the bedroom. "One problem… you have single bed. We need double. Where I sleep for now?"

Yuuichi blushed at the thought of eventually sharing a bed with Ilana. "Well… I sleep on the sofa a lot anyway, so I'll sleep on there and you can have the bed-"

Ilana shook her head. "No, I cannot do that," she said. "I take sofa, you take bed."

Yuuichi shook his own head. "No, really, it's no big deal, I'll take the-"

"Wait a minute." Ilana help a hand to interrupt him, looking suddenly thoughtful. A moment later, without warning, she grabbed Yuuichi's hand and began dragging him towards the bedroom.

"Wh… what are you doing?!" asked Yuuichi, startled, as she flung open the door.

"Test," said Ilana. She dragged him over to the single bed, and before Yuuichi knew what was happening, he was lying on the bed with Ilana squeezed on next to him, their bodies remarkably close. His heart and his mind began to race. He had never been like this with a girl before. Is she about to take my virginity? This is technically like our honeymoon… but I'm not ready! It's too soon! I don't even have any condoms!

Ilana draped an arm over her husband's chest, oblivious to his inner turmoil. "Looks like we both fit on bed," she said, smiling mischievously. "Is… what you say word was? "Cozy"? Yes: is cozy. Of course, we still get double bed one day, but this okay for now." She paused. "You okay? You have blood coming from nose."

Yuuichi blinked. "I do?" He put his hand to his nose; it came away bloody. "Oh. Ehh… don't worry about it. I'm fine."

Ilana nodded, then yawned as jet-lag began to sink in. "I tired now. Bed is comfy. I sleep."

"But it's 11am-"

Ilana was fast asleep before Yuuichi had even finished speaking. She fell asleep that fast?!, he thought to himself, amazed. Seizing the opportunity, he tried to slip out of bed and leave her be, but the arm on his chest suddenly curled around his waist, pinning him down and hugging him close to her. Her breast pressed against his arm, and Yuuichi's face flushed bright red. He tried to tug himself free, but to no avail. Eventually, he accepted that he had become Ilana's captive, and settled down, staring up at the ceiling.


Yuuichi realized that he wasn't the only one whose life had been completely changed. Ilana had flown halfway across the world to be here, leaving everyone and everything she knew behind. She had nothing here except him, and she barely even had him. They were both very much in unfamiliar territory, thrust outside their comfort zones, and were both going to have to adapt. It's going to be hard for both of us, thought Yuuichi. But… He found himself gazing at Ilana's sleeping form, a smile spread across her plump red lips. I'm sure it'll all be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment