Tuesday 4 August 2015

Day 195

[from Sonic the Hedgehog Returns]

After the rest of the Freedom Fighters had woken up - Sonic had had to be doused with cold water before he would wake - they gathered with Sally and Solstice in the operations room to discuss their course of action.

"Our first course of action is to find out where Nero is being held," said Sally. "Robotnik could be keeping him at any number of locations, and we don't have time to check them all."

"There might be a way to find him," said Solstice. "His watch has several gadgets built in, one of which is an emergency tracking beacon. I'm sure he will have activated it. The only problem is, I don't know which frequency it's broadcasting on, in order to locate the signal."

"So how does that help us?" asked Sonic, still a little irritated after his soaking.

"There is one person who'll know the frequency," said Solstice. "That's our resident technician, Liana. She was busy dealing with a new broadcast station just to the north of us when the attack hit, so she should be safe. I'll call her now." Turning the dial on her watch, Solstice held it up to her mouth. "Liana? Are you there? Can you hear me?"

A sigh of relief floated through the speaker. "Finally, a familiar voice!" said Liana. "I thought I was going to go out of my mind with just these SWATbots for company!"

"SWATbots?" repeated Solstice, alarmed. "Are you in trouble?"

"Oh, no, not at all," said Liana with a chuckle. "I just hacked into the security robots at the broadcast station and now they're friendly. Not a very chatty bunch, though. It's good to hear your voice, especially after…" Liana's voice trailed off sadly.

"You heard about the attack?" said Solstice.

"I could see the flames from here," said Liana. "I could tell that something was seriously wrong, and… now I know. Did anybody else-?"

Solstice shook her head. "I'm afraid not," she said. "I'm the only one who… or, at least, the only one I know of that made it out. They've captured Nero, and I need your help to find out where they're keeping him."

"The tracking beacon?" guessed Liana. "I'm already working on it from here. I've got the frequency narrowed down, I should be able to find him in just a few moments."

"Okay, thank you," said Solstice. "In the meantime, I managed to make it to Knothole and alert the resistance fighters there, so I'll be helping them come up with some kind of rescue plan. Let me know when you've found his tracking signal."

"Will do," said Liana. "And say hi to the princess for me, I've always wanted to meet her!"

"The princess can hear you just fine," said Sally, smiling. "Thank you for your help, Miss Liana."

"Aww, you're making me blush," said Liana. "Alright, I'm hanging up now. I'll call you back when I've found Nero. Goodbye~" There was a click, and the line went dead.

"So, once we've found Nero, what's our plan?" asked Solstice.

Before Sally could say anything, Sonic remarked, "We don't need a plan. We'll just bust in there, trash the place, grab Nero, and get out."

Solstice smiled. "You sound just like him," she said.

"Well, then you're both idiots," said Sally. "We can't just go charging in while Robotnik is holding him hostage! We need a stealth approach."

"You're suggesting snipers?" asked Solstice.

This time Sonic and Sally held the same opinion. "No," they said in unison.

"I know Nero likes to fight fire with fire," said Sonic, "but here, we have a strict "no weapons" policy."

"We're not going to stoop to Robotnik's level," Sally continued. "We may be fighters, but we're not killers."

"Killers of whom, exactly?" asked Solstice, looking a little insulted. "We're fighting robots, not people. Besides, this is a war! A war that will decide that fate of our very planet! How could you ever hope to defeat Robotnik's army without weapons?"

"Yeah, 'cuz y'all managed just fine, relyin' on yer weapons," muttered Bunnie sarcastically.

Solstice wheeled round to face Bunnie, outraged. "How dare you-"


A sudden beep interrupted the argument. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything," said Liana, her voice sounding through Solstice's watch once more, "but I've pinpointed Nero's location. I'm sending you the co-ordinates now. Good luck, everyone."

No comments:

Post a Comment